47th and Martin Luther King Dr.
The Regal, also known as The Avalon, was a major complex that featured films, dance, music, and comedy. The theater was a prominent entertainment venue for over four decades in Chicago, it opened its doors on February 4, 1928 in Bronzeville. Designed by Levy and Klein and influenced by Harlem’s Savoy Ballroom, the venue was owned by a white business association. It could seat about 3,000 people was one of the first entertainment complexes that both employed non-performing Black workers and entertained Black audiences.